Tuesday, December 30, 2014

No snow lately....







 It wasn't a white Christmas here...
No snow, but lots of cold water....

And I have been thinking of my plans, and my word of the year for 2015. 
In 2012 I tried to find a BALANCE in life.
between work and play
between highs and lows
between creativity and calm
 
In 2013 it was FOCUS
to focus on what was important
and to focus on the goal instead of reacting
 
then 2014 was AWE
I spent  a lot of time being aware of the awe I feel for things in nature,
 and the little small parts of my life that I am thankful for.

I have decided on COMPLETE for 2015.
 I am taking many meanings of the word...
 first of all I plan to complete the projects I have started instead of moving onto something new whenever I get the whim.
Plus I will remind myself that I am complete as is,
nothing I need to do,
 nothing I need to try,
nothing I need to become.
It's all OK as is!

but to help with all those ongoing yearly words I still have a list of things to try to achieve in 2015.
I think it is all but impossible for me not to make resolutions for New Years Day.
But instead of saying I want to diet or to lose so many pounds,
I am saying I will try to eat better.
It seems easier to achieve that way


eat more vegetables and less sugar
hike more
do taichi and yoga more
finish the novel
finish the children's book
be thankful more
notice beauty more
pay it forward more
laugh more
spend less time on the internet
clear out clutter
simplify

Happy new year!







2 comments:

  1. I found your blog again! Took me forever but glad to see you're still blogging. Are you still creating art? Looks like I have alot to catch up with. We had a white Christmas here - it started snowing the afternoon of Christmas! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brown new year here, too. Seems odd. I always make a goal list of things I'd like to get to during the year, but they're not resolutions by any means. Kind of a go-to list for referral for the year. May this coming year be a really good one! :)

    ReplyDelete