Thursday, December 11, 2014

monoprinting on a sweatshirt

 I have been wanting to try mono printing for awhile and decided to add some feathers to a sweatshirt that way. I painted the shape of a feather on wax paper using regular cheap black acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of paint extender, then I quickly drew lines into the feather shape and stamped it onto the sweatshirt. I redid this two more times using the same spot on the wax paper so my feathers would be the same, and then added a few little ones down the sleeve. . I love it and have washed it a few times already with out it coming out. The layer of paint seems to be thin enough to not be stiff on my shirt either.
Simple project.
Happy project.




And I had a shop, Meeliki, add me into one of their treasuries. It is the prettiest treasury I have seen in a while so I had to share it. You can click any item to go to their shop on etsy.

 

'Grey' by Meeliki



WILDFLOWER, minimalist, quee...
$24

Natural softened linen pillo...
$55

Christmas Sale Linen Table C...
$44.79

paynes grey mandala watercol...
$35

Ornate Tribal Drop Earrings
$120

Horse watercolor, Animal art...
$85

Golden brass adjustable flor...
$19

Winter's Cloak - Print
$20

The COCOON 3D Silver Plated...
$196

Autumn Macro Signed Print, A...
$30

Still Life Photography Dried...
$25

Natural Skeleton Leaves - Pr...
$2.95

Original Watercolor Archival...
$40

Decorative Pillow, Felt Cush...
$89

hedgehog "lump" gi...
$69

HOLIDAY SALE Sterling Silver...
$32.2
Powered By Handmadeology

2 comments: