Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hope your holidays out there are going well, full of whatever makes you feel happy and warm.
Not much new art to show here...
i have been trying to make some Christmas presents, and reading and planning...
I have decorated my tree twice:
My son admires all the ornaments on our tree and when trying to pull one off to play with it,
the whole tree tipped over. I lost a few ornaments but nothing too special.

Still have the Christmas pickle...


Here's the wikipedia story:The Christmas pickle is a Christmas tradition in the United States. A decoration in the shape of a pickle is hidden on a Christmas tree, with the finder receiving either a reward or good fortune for the following year. There are a number of different origin stories attributed to the tradition, but it was primarily thought to have originated in Germany. This has since been disproved and is now thought to be an American tradition from the late 19th century.

What I did lose this year was a sad thing:
 my dog ate my plastic rudolf figure from a whole christmas town set I had. 
So sad!
I am sure I can find a replacement somewhere on the internet.

I will leave you to your holiday celebrations with a sweet little pair of twin snowmen my husband left on our porch for me one morning...
they're about 6 inches tall...
And he says he's not creative?!?



Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. so sweet, the snow-people!
    happy christmas time andrea
    your postcards are divine!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes and greetings for the Christmas season to you! I always love it to read your everyday stories and I love your art! Thank you very much for sharing this pleasure :) The two snowman on your porch look really lovely! Are you still writing your novel?

    ReplyDelete