Monday, September 10, 2012

moving along

Here is the second painting I have finished  lately and I will have more very soon...

The hat was here in this painting almost from the start but I redid the girl at least 3 times, she started out with a wide face and bushy hair, it just didn't fit, now her hat is to big for her but she doesn't care. She wears it all the time and when she's not wearing it she keeps it in a box in her closet labeled "That Hat!". She has to trim the roses every 2 weeks as they grow out of control. She has taken to putting one of the roses in a glass on her desk after she cuts them back and when people walk by her desk and say, "Beautiful rose, where'd you get it?", she simply answers, "that hat" and people give her a strange look and move on.





I am linking to creative everyday and Illustration Friday for their theme of Imagination.

14 comments:

  1. Love her. And love the little story you made up for her. She really has personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful post ~ 'She' and the 'Hat' are gorgeous ~ wonderful! ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can do with a hat like that! This caught my eye and I just had to stop by and say hi to you. Love to see and read more of these stories. They both go so well together!
    ManonX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both your story and your painting. Especially love the word peace under her eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE "That Hat" :D I would wear it all the time too :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The hat"! Terrific idea and wonderful for the Imagination topic. The flowers are all really nice, and I love the few blue roses that snuck in there. Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that her hat is "too big" and that she wears it anyway! I can so relate to that! So many wonderful flowers in here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful...love the how you positioned your text:)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this, including her story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that her hat grows real roses out of it! And I love her 'don't care' attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful, I love the way the lines flow throughout- gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really liking the contrast of the black edges....really defines certain details and lets the color stand out :)

    She is so pretty....love her hat, too!

    ReplyDelete